Heritage wool yarns from Portugal!
Brusca from Retrosaria Rosa Pomar is a breed and flock specific yarn from Portugal. It is made of 50% Saloia and 50% Merino Branco and Merino Preto wool.
Saloia is the native sheep breed to the region of Lisbon and Setúbal. It is well documented since the 19th century as its wool was one of the finest available in the country. Saloia sheep have also become famous for their milk, from which the famous Azeitão cheese was traditionally made.
Brusca is made from the wool of free range sheep. Mulesing is not practised in Portugal.
Grown, scoured, milled and dyed in Portugal.
Shades B and C are natural (not dyed). Brusca is non-superwash and not bleached.
- Weight: Double Knitting / Light worsted
- Unit weight: 50g
- Yardage: 136 yards per 50g
- Needle size: 4-5mm | US 6-8
- Fibers: 100% fine Portuguese wool (50% Saloia, 50% Merino Branco and Merino Preto)
- Texture: 2 ply
- Gauge: 19-21 sts x 27-30 rows = 4 x 4 inches