John Arbon Textiles Mill in North Devon, England is a small scale worsted mill producing beautiful yarns. The Woolly Thistle is proud to bring US customers a small sample of their yarns including their Alpaca 2-3 ply lace weight (see more details below) and their Exmoor Sock Yarn.
The Alpaca 2-3 ply yarn is a soft, lightweight and durable yarn, and spun to a heavy lace weight. The natural drape and halo of alpaca lends itself to intricate lace projects. The hand is super soft.
- Weight: 2-3ply/heavy lace weight
- Composition: 90% Alpaca / 10% Nylon
- Package: 100 g / 656 yards (600 m)
- Gauge: 32-31 stitches and 40-38 rows = 4"
- Recommended Needle: 2.5 mm needle (check out our selection of Hiya Hiyas!)
- Care: hand wash at low temperature with mild detergent