John Arbon Textiles Mill in North Devon, England is a small scale worsted mill producing beautiful yarns. The Woolly Thistle is proud to bring US customers a small sample of their yarns including their Exmoor Sock yarn (see more details below) and their Alpaca 2-3 Ply lace weight.
The Exmoor Sock Yarn is a lightweight and hardwearing blend of local sheep called Exmoor Blueface. Nylon is added to increase strength even more. This yarn is Ideal for sock knitting, fine work, lace and accessories.
While it might seem more rustic or crisp than you're used to, it softens up with washing. You might even find yourself enjoying the crispness of the wool while you knit with it (I know I do!)
In addition to the colors we've offered before, we are offering a brand new color to the shop called Blossom. A pretty dusky warm pink.
- Made in UK
- Weight: light 4-ply/fingering
- Composition: 85% British Exmoor Blueface / 15% Nylon
- Package: approx 100g / 437 yards (400 m)
- Gauge: 32 -33 stitches and 42 rows = 4"
- Recommended Needles: 2.5 mm (check out our selection of Hiya Hiyas!)
- Care: hand wash at a low temperature with mild detergent